Thursday 10 September 2015

ELDERLY OSCOTT RESIDENTS MATTER



In this day and age when Councils face cut after cut in their funding from Central Government and when the push for change in Council structures seem to be so important to the powers that be, we should not forget the elderly.
The grand strategy  and the hunt for new policies on how Councils run things is all very well but at the end of the day it is people who matter.

That is why I do what I can to meet as many Oscott residents as I can to hear what concerns them.
Attending Council meetings may look good on the records but nothing compares with trying to help local residents.
The elderly in particular can be easily forgotten by some which I why I make it my business to call into elderly residents complexes, attend elderly residents group meetings and make Councillor visits to elderly residents own homes.

Policies are all well and good but it is the resident who matters.

No comments: