Saturday 14 February 2009

THE BATTLE FOR THE ALDRIDGE DAY CENTRE MUST GO ON


There is a very real threat that the Aldridge Road Day Centre may be closed. The Current Council Administration are carrying out a number of consultations with careers and users of the centre however, many careers feel this is not up to much.?

I would urge all those with an interest in this centre to make your representations and I would urge this Council not to close the centre.
I have said on other posts on my blog, how much this facility is needed and how hard the staff work to help its users have a better quality of life. I can accept that there has been a run down of this centre by various Council administrations for years but this does not justify it being closed now.
The Council should consider using the site in a multi purpose way. It could be used by other groups in the evening for example. It is now the time to fight to keep this centre open and indeed up grade it so let us hope the Council listen.I really do think if the Council close this centre it would be a mistake.

No comments: