Friday 6 February 2009

DUNEDIN ROAD CONCRETE ROAD ANNOUNCEMENT A VICTORY FOR ALL


“I am sure with an announcement like this all sorts of claims will be made by all sorts of people but I hope residents will remember the efforts put in by all concerned.”

Sadly as can be seen from the Great Barr Observer readers letter over the last couple of weeks it looks as if the words above which I wrote as part of my January 19th post about concrete roads in Dunedin Road have come true.

I wish people could except that Councilors form all political parties over the years put a lot of effort into getting the Council to do something about the concrete carriage way in Dunedin Road. It should also not be forgotten how much effort many residents also put in, gathering names for petition, sending letter to council departments and so on. I think all concerned should give each other a pat on the back rather than back biting.

It is important also that we keep the Transportation department to their word and make sure the necessary work is carried out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I warned you he would jump on the band wagon