Saturday 4 April 2009

GYM AND EXERCISE FOR FREE INIATIVE TO BE REDUCED.

Sadly at a recent Perry Barr Strategic Partnership meeting I learnt that the HOB Gym/ exercise for Free initiative is going to offer less service for most local residents.
It is going to extend across the city but in Perry Barr Constituency (Oscott Ward) it will mean from April 1st.
The service will only be free before 5pm weekdays (Swimming will remain free all day) and after 1pm week ends.

There will be more jogging, walking and fitness awareness sessions but the heavy weights use will be curtailed.

This initiative although a good concept has in my view not been though out properly by those responsible. They should have realised it would be popular (so much so the restriction above are now in place). Peoples expectations have been raised and dashed which is a great shame.

For further details about the changes and what they may mean to you please ring 464 0208

2 comments:

Keith said...

A few people have asked me recently if "I get fed up with others taking credit for the things I do"
Well' in a way I surpose I do but there again I tend to take it as a compliment in the same way as when I hear or read about people having a go at me.
It makes me realise who is worried about who.
After all this time I just get on with the job.

G6LPB said...

Good on yer Keith