Wednesday 8 April 2009

SKATE BOARD CENTRE A STEP CLOSER?


I managed to get a long to the Skate Board / BMX centres consultation event in Alexander stadium.
I was impressed by the plans I saw there and the proposed location for these centres. They are on the Aldridge Road edge of the Perry Barr park just yards away from the edge of Oscott and all the main bus routes.
Every member of the public I spoke to was delighted that the consultation was going ahead and there were a number of questions asked of the designers. All the residents I spoke to were in favour.
Later on I took a copy of the plans and spoke to some youngsters in the Perry Barr Park who were using the old BMX site. They were all over the moon at the idea. One lad (James from Anstey Road) said " It is time older people did some for us which we want. Where I live there is nothing to do. I have mates from other parts of Oscott and we can meet up here to use the Skate Board track and chill out."

If you want to know more please contact either Councillor Barbara Dring or myself

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Well done Keith.