Friday 7 August 2009

HOST CORPERATION GOLF COURSE GOES INTO ADMINISTRATION

I was sorry to hear that the Host Corperation who own the 9 hole golf course in Booths Lane have gone into administration.
Although Councillor Barbara Dring , most of the local community and myself have had a number of issues between us (mainly the condition of the unadopted Booths Lane) I am sorry to see the company in such trouble.

I have grave concerns for the future of the site and will do what I can to ensure the site is maintained for Leisure purposes. My main concern however is for those who use the Booths Lane unadopted section. I have been in touch already with the Council asking them to reconsider adopting this lane and to consider using some of the new PFI funding made available by the government. I am now calling on the Councils Transportation department to have a complete re think on this issue.

No comments: