Thursday 25 October 2012

BERT COOKE R.I.P

It was with great sadness I learnt of the passing of Bert Cooke today.
Bert helped run the Old Oscott Community Centre for many years with his wife Pauline and was a great help to many people in the area.

Bert was one of the cleverest people I have ever met he had more common sense in his little finger than most politicians I have come across.
Bert had been a little frail for a few years now but he still kept up to speed with what was going on in the area and was a mine of information.

Bert was until a few years ago was an active member (as one of the founder members) of the Barr and Aston Local History Society and in his earlier day was a Mouse breeder who had a breed named after him.

Bert and Pauline were also founder members of the Queslett Nature Reserve and although ill heath prevented Bert from taking part in physical activities on the reserve his excellent knowledge regarding the subject of wild life was a big help to the FQNR and the reserve its self. The FQNR will be planting a tree in the reserve in honour of Bert.

 He also helped me throughout a time of my own great personal sadness and grief some years ago and I will never forget the help and kindness  he and his beloved wife gave me.
I will remember Bert
My deepest sympathy goes out to Pauline and the family



Bert Cooke see also 23rd Sept 2008 and 5th Feb 2009

No comments: