Monday 15 October 2012

LOCAL WHEELIE BIN DEBATE CONTINUES

I am still receiving comments on the subject of whether Wheelie bins are a good idea or not
As it stands at the moment it is probable 60 - 40 against having wheelie bins.
I found however these views depend very much on the age of the person who holds them.
For example a lot of elderly residents are opposed to the idea while some younger residents feel it is the way forward.

Councillor's Barbara Dring and Tristan Chatfield are now running surveys about this issue and all our findings will be passed to those likely to make any decision on the matter.
It would seem to me however a key question should be will there be an opt out if Wheelie bins are introduced, for those who would have difficulty managing them for what ever reason?

I will keep you updated. Please let me have your views. Ring 303 2039 (messages) or Em Keith.Linnecor@birmingham.gov.uk
 The more views either for or against I pass on the better.

Please also not posts on Oct 4th, Sept 14th, Aug31st, Aug 15 and Aug 11th

No comments: