Thursday 3 March 2016

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE LARGE TREE REPLACEMENT IN OSCOTT BUT A START HAS BEEN MADE



While I am happy that Amey Highways have started to remove and replace some of the large street trees in Oscott, Atlantic Road, Anstey Road, Birdbrook Road and Birkenshaw amongst others it is still not enough.
These extra removals have only come after months of campaigning with meeting and petitions from local residents which I have presented to the Council.

At the next Oscott Ward Committee on the 17th of March to be Chaired by Councillor Barbara Dring (With Councillor Tristan Chatfield and myself in attendance) there will yet another opportunity for Oscott residents to discuss tree issues.

In the meantime I will be continuing to stress to Amey Highways the need to carry on with this phased removal and replacement program. Many of you will know this is something I have been arguing for many years,

Your 3 Oscott Councillors and the Perry Barr MP will also be pressing for better (harder!) tree pruning.

I am very supportive of having trees in our roads but they must be the right sort and well maintained.

No comments: