Saturday 23 November 2013

COOKSEY LANE PAVEMENTS TO BE REPAIRED NEXT YEAR



Following my handing in a petition from Cooksey Lane residents collected by Mrs. Berry, other local residents and myself, I have been informed  subject to the Cabinet Member’s approval, to the petition presented on behalf of the residents in relation to footways along Cooksey Lane.that.
Amey have carried out an assessment of the footways along Cooksey Lane and approval has been received for a  footway scheme to be carried out during Milestone 8 (Dec 2013 ­– End May 2014).

 Although I seldom take notice of intended completion dates I have been assured by the Cabinet member responsible Councillor Tahir Ali that the work will be carried out next year.

I see this as a real success for Cooksey Lane residents given that Cooksey Lane had been missing from the next 5 years schedule of works.


See also posts Oct 9th and Sept 11th

No comments: