Monday 25 November 2013

PAULINE COOKE R.I.P

  PAULINE COOKE R.I.P

It was with great sadness I learnt of the passing of Pauline Cooke today.
  Pauline helped run the Old Oscott Community Centre for many years with her husband Bert and was a great help to many people in the area.

Pauline was a lovely caring person well loved by those who knew her.
  Pauline had been a little frail for some time now now but she still wanted to know about the area she cared about.

Pauline along with her late husband Bert was until a few years ago was an active member (as one of the founder members) of the Barr and Aston Local History Society and in her earlier days helped and supported Bert who bred Mice for show. Pauline was also very good at embroidery and enjoyed art.

  Pauline and Bert were also founder members of the Queslett Nature Reserve and although ill heath prevented Pauline from taking part in physical activities on the reserve she always wanted to know what was going on there. Pauline was also a member of a number of Oscott residents groups and cared very much about the Oscott area.

  Pauline also helped me throughout a time of my own great personal sadness and grief some years ago and I will never forget the help and kindness  she and her beloved husband Bert gave me.
I will always remember Pauline

My deepest sympathy goes out to Pauline's family Louisa and Brian

No comments: