Friday 23 April 2010

FIRST SPEED WATCH OPERATIONS A SUCCESS


I popped along to see how the first of the Community Speed Watch operations were going yesterday. A number of volunteers were working with the Police in Kingstanding Road and Kettlehouse Road. As a result a number of driver will get a reminder (at this stage) to keep their speed down in future. The new equipment a lamppost mount speed indicator and so on worked fine and the training received by the volunteers seemed excellent.
I would like to thank those who took part and those who have put their names down to help in the future. The funding for this initiative has taken sometime to obtain and the Police I am sure will make the most of it. It is a shame that the Council could not do more to put road safety measures like speed indicators onto our roads but this system I am sure will help deter speeding motorists in the area.

The Police also took the opportunity to organise and mount an operation looking for Road traffic offenses like no insurance or tax.

If you know of any roads where speed is of concern or would like to become a resident volunteer, ring me on 360 6486 and I will pass on your details to the Police who have the finale say as to where and when this scheme is used and who they need to help.

2 comments:

Kettlehouse Resident said...

Why would you not answer my questions yesterday Mr Linnecor?

Why did you insist on running off to your car rather than debating the true issues of kingstanding?

Keith Linnecor said...

Thank you for your comments.

As I have explained previously the more apt venue for me to discus with you all your various concerns about the Kingstanding area would be at one of my Councillor Surgeries.