Saturday 24 July 2010

MOTOR BIKE MENACE.

Both Councillor Barbara Dring and I have received a number of complaints recently about noisy motor bikes being driven a speed in the Banywood Estate area. This is putting both the rider and other road users at risk.
Roads like Sundridge Road, Bandywood Road, Kettlehouse Road and Cooksey Lane seem to be having particularly bad times at the moment. It seems to me it will only be a matter of time until a serious accident happens unless something is done.
I have been in touch with the Police and have asked them if their Traffic Section can look into this issue. Warning need to go out to some motor bikers (and Scooter riders) in the area in my view at the very least. It is a shame that sometimes the well behaved motor bike riders get tarred with the same brush.
With the summer holidays fast approaching the Police need to deal seriously with this matter.

If you would like to discuss this issue with me please pop in to one of my Saturday surgeries 11am at the 610 community Centre.

No comments: