Wednesday 13 October 2010

ANOTHER ROAD ACCIDENT IN SANDY LANE

Sadly there has been another accident on Sandy Lane near the Perry Beeches Schools entrance yesterday.
A young girl has been knocked down while being collected from school by a parent. I understand from an eye wittiness that in their opinion was no fault on behalf of the driver.
Accidents in my view are bound to happen at this location and also on the Aldridge Road near the Great Barr Schools. The Councils Transportation department have for 2 years dallied and dallied with putting in road safety improvements in both areas. They have received numerous request and suggestions from myself and local residents
I have by coincidence already arranged to meet with the latest Council Officer put in charge of sorting these areas out and you may be assured I will be making absolutely sure he has a personal look at these potential accident hot spots.

No comments: