Wednesday 6 October 2010

WHY DONT THEY EDUCATE CHILDREN ABOUT THE PROBLEMS LITTER CAUSE?

As part of my campaign to try and improve the cleanliness of our streets in Oscott I have been calling on the Council to go into local schools and talk about how important it is not to leave litter all over the place.
Sadly I suspect due to cuts being made in Council Services, the officer who would normally take on this education role finds her post no longer exists.
This is very disappointing, but I have now asked why Environmental wardens can not go into schools from time to time (especially during bad weather when it is difficult for them to operate out doors). Again I think I will receive a negative response as the time these Environmental Wardens once spent in an individual ward has been reduced. But i shall keep trying.

No comments: