Friday 8 October 2010

PLANS FOR HAWTHORN ROAD AMUSEMENT ARCADE DEFFERED

Plans to open an Amusement arcade on Hawthorn Road have been deferred by the Planning Committee while views from the Police are sort. At the Planning meeting yesterday I reminded the committee of the history of anti social behaviour near the proposed arcade site.
This shopping centre needs more genuine variety of retail shops in my view and an amusement arcade would be out of place. I also handed in a petition opposed to an amusement arcade on the Hawthorn road with 200 signatures on it, which were gathered in just one day.
In these times when money is all I feel it will be difficult to stop the amusement arcade coming to the Hawthorn Road but on behalf of worried residents and traders I am giving it a go.

No comments: