Wednesday 1 February 2012

ISUES IN OSCOTT I WONT LET DROP



Sadly I was unable to attend a Police Community meeting held at the Mary Vale Centre recently due to a prior meeting to attend a Transport Users Forum on behalf of the Integrated Transport Authority (Birmingham).
However despite not being able to attend there are a number of issues I am not prepared to drop. I have been in touch with the Police and the Transportation department about a number of issues of a regular basis. I have done this by for example attending on a regular basis the Oscott Police tasking meetings, including as you can see in the photo above right walk abouts in the area.

For example.

Although the powers that be have turned down, due to a mixed public consultation reactions a gating proposal for gates to be erected at the Right of way, Templeton Road to Old Oscott hill, I am leading the campaign to have better CCTV camera's installed there.
I have been pressing this point with the Police for some time now.
More needs to be done to help residents who live near this right of way and I will continue to ask the Police and the Councils safety in the community Team, to deal with, the issues they face despite the gates not being allowed.

There are a number of roads in Oscott where I am keeping pressure on the Police and the Transportation department to deal with safety issues.
These include amongst others , Dunedin Road, Old Oscott Hill, Old Oscott Lane, Kettle House Road and the Aldridge Road.
For example I am continuing to call for the Oscott Community Speed Watch volunteers to operate at these locations (and others) as often as possible.

Part time 20mph zones out side schools.
I have a positive response from residents about this idea and I will continue to press the Powers that be to take action and also to relieve parking problems near schools in the Oscott area.

These are just a some samples of issues I am trying to resolve unlike some I am not into making promises I can not keep but I will continue the battle to resolve problems in Oscott if I can.

No comments: