Wednesday 29 September 2010

COLLEGE STUDENTS STILL CAUSING PARKING PROBLEMS

Sadly despite most of the new car parks on the Metropolitan college site being available there are still serious problems at the Aldridge Road to Burnham Road junction.
Following my concerns expressed to the Police (see my August 4th post re Police Tasking meeting) the Police are now putting out Police no waiting signs to help relieve the problems at this junction. Clearly however this can only be a short term measure.

I have asked the College to Finnish off their construction work and to free of more parking spaces ASAP and and to look at other ways to reduce the parking problems their students generate. I have also asked the Transportation department to look again at a more permanent solution. I will do what I can to keep this situation brought to the attention of the authorities.

No comments: