Monday 20 October 2008

TAKING DANGEROUS PARKING TO TASK

When ever I get the chance I like to try and attend the Police Neighbourhood Tasking meetings. which take place at the Kingstanding Police Station. These are an opportunity for resident Groups,. Council officers and the Police to get together to flag up local issues relating to crime and anti social behavior.
At today's meeting amongst other things, I made sure that dangerous and inconsiderate parking was high on the agenda.
The Police have now agreed to look again into a number of my requests to look at parking near local schools, the parking near the end of Birdbrook Road (Aldridge Road end) and the general problem with vehicles which park right on the junction of roads.
I have asked the Police to be more pro active on these issues and they have agreed and also to look again at these issues. It has now been put on future agendas for on going updates.

No comments: