Tuesday 23 December 2008

SEASONAL GREETINGS


I would like to take this opportunity to wish anyone reading my blog all the very best for the festive season.
It is also my hope that you will continue to read my blog in the coming year. (Yes even those of a different opinion to my self and who may be tempted to use my blog for ideas on their leaflets?)

Many residents in Oscott have been kind enough to help me with many campaigns and issues during the course 2008 and to those I would like to pass on my thanks. Much of what I may have achieved has been down to us working together.

It goes without saying I will also be carrying on working closely with my Colleague Councillor BARBARA DRING, to do what we can for Oscott Residents and losing a colleague of the calibre of John Cotton has been a problem, we have had to over come.
BARBARA has worked tirelessly on Issues such as where to locate a proposed Skate Board facility, on finding new a home for the Link Play group and on issues like tidying up the island near the Bandywood Shopping area, just to name a few. I like to think as a team we compliment each other in what we do.

Sadly Khalid Mahmood the MP for Perry Barr has been seriously ill recently, but despite that, he has been involved in a number of initiatives to improve the Oscott area and I wish him a speedy recovery.

I have tried to help as many individual residents as possible in 2008. I have had some success and some failures but I do hope residents will know I have done what I can for them.
If I have not been successful on your behalf, I am more than will to have another go if you wish and who know we may have more success next time. However as you will be aware I will make you know promise other than I will try and help if I can. If you would like to contact me please ring 360 6486.

Once again may I wish you and your family and Friends all the very best for the festive season and for the New Year.

Regards


Councillor Keith Linnecor

The one in the middle of the photo !!!!




No comments: