A number of local residents and members of the Queslett Nature Reserve have now contact me with concerns about the threat of building a Skate Board Centre on the Queslett Nature Reserve.
As far as I can ascertain this threat is not likely to occur although you can never say never.
Certainly I can speak for both Councillor Dring and myself when I say we are totally apposed to such a silly idea. Here are just a few reasons why.
- Perry Barr Park is a better option.
- There is no regular ranger service on the Queslett Nature Reserve.
- The QNR is a reserve and it has now been up graded to a SSSI category for its importance to nature.
- There would be problems regarding the security (observation of the site proposed)
- It would disturb the wild life and the activities of those using the reserve.
- If there was an accident the Ambulance Service would have difficulty accessing the site.
- It would encourage Motor bikes and other acts on anti social behavior on the reserve.
- It would alienate many locally residents and users of the reserve.
- The idea has been put forward without any consultation.
- It is not on a handy bus route.
- It would undermine all the hard work carried out by the Friends of the Queslett Nature Reserve to improve the reserve.
In fact it is hard to see any merit in the idea and not a lot of thought seems to have gone into the proposal? For the view of the Friends of the Queslett nature Reserve please go to Google and then to the Friends of the Queslett Nature Reserve.This is an importatnt decision and politics should be kept out of it for the sake of the young people in Oscott.
If you would like to discuss this issue with me please ring 360 6486